Southski

Southski’s staff application

In-game name: Southski

Steam Name: GSVHD

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/)STEAM_0:0:60600173

Age when applying: 24

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: norway (UTC 1+)

Can you speak and type English fluently: yes

Current total game-time on the server (type !time): unable to check right now because I’m on vacation but I’m pretty sure I just passed 1 month

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on CWRP: GM ARC COL, plat vip

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: yes, speak 

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: 08/02/2024. Only short LOA’s

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server, CWRP Discord and our forums:

I hang out in the teamspeak almost everyday and take part in conversations on the discord pretty regularly. I’m not in the forums that much put I take a peek once in a while 

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type !time then open warns menu, and drag the menu so chat is visible with the time):

https://imgur.com/a/13V8N5b

This is the one I used for my EP application but haven’t gotten any more warns since then (currently on vacation so I’m not able to logon to the server)

State the role of staff on the server:

Staff members ensure that all players follow the server rules. This includes monitoring player behavior, addressing rule violations, and taking appropriate actions such as warnings, kicks, or bans.

Staff are a resource for players, providing assistance with questions, technical issues, and anything else they might need 

Staff also represent the server and should always try to be a good example for the rest of the players 

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?

yes

List of all previous server staff experience:

used to run a few Minecraft servers back in the day and was staff on one that wasn’t mine. This was many years ago and the servers where very small compared to werewolf 

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?:

yes

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones:

I would ask them for the name of the player tp to them and freeze them, ask what they are doing and why and check logs to se how many (if any) they shoot. Check if they have any previous wars for RDM. Then I would explain to them that they can’t do that and warn or ban them if this is not the first time for ARDM, RDM or MRDM depending on the severity 

2 ) You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function:

I would ask for an NCO to come to the cadet area and tell the cadet someone is on the way. If no one shows up I would tp someone to train them

3 ) During a debrief, a CT accidently shoots someone, whilst trying to safety their weapon:

this would probably be an IC situation but if not. I would bring them to the side and talk to them. Ask about what happened and teach them how to safety their weapon. Then I would probably give them a verbal warning and keep an eye on them to see if they do anything else 

4 ) A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT:

this is IC so i would RP it out and give them a reminder 

5 ) Someone commits FailRP, but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitally stated within the server rules:

I would tell them that what they are doing is failrp and also tell them if they read everything in the rules they would know that at the bottom it says that all rules are not written down and to use common sense. Depending on the situation and severity I would give them a verbal warning or an in game warning. And keep an eye on them to see if they keep doing it

6 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly, however they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing: 

I would tell them to go to the forums and find the unban forum

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

While I may not have that much experience with Garry's Mod or previous administrative roles, I believe my unique skills, dedication, and passion for community engagement make me a strong candidate for the staff position. Here’s what I bring to the table: 

One of my most significant strengths is my ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds. This skill is crucial for a staff member, as it helps in resolving conflicts, explaining rules, and providing clear instructions. I always ensure that my interactions are respectful and as fair as possible. 

I am highly committed to any role I undertake. Even though I may not have a long history with Garry's Mod, I am dedicated to learning and improve. I am a quick learner, and I am confident that I can quickly adapt to the responsibilities of a staff member.

I believe that empathy is a critical quality for any staff member. Understanding and empathizing with players' perspectives helps in resolving issues fairly and maintaining a welcoming environment. I always strive to be impartial and just in my decisions, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and fairness.

I excel at problem-solving. Whether it's aiding players with technical difficulties or clearing up a conflict between to players to make both of them happy with the outcome 

I am a strong team player who values collaboration and teamwork.

I am genuinely passionate about creating and sustaining a positive community environment. I understand that a thriving community is built on trust, mutual respect, and active participation. I am eager to engage with players and contribute to activities that enhance the server's community spirit.

While I may not have extensive experience, I am committed to continuous improvement and I’m eager to learn. I actively seek feedback and look for opportunities to learn and grow. This mindset ensures that I am always evolving and finding better ways to support the server and its players.

Requirements:

- You must be 14 years in age or older.

- You must be able to speak and type English fluently, quickly and correctly.

- You must have at least fourteen (14) days of play time.

- You must be an active member of the community on Discord / TS.

- You must have 10 or fewer warns.

- You must not be banned when you apply.

- You must not advertise your application in any way.

- You must not copy anything from other applications.

- You may not edit your application without permission from a Hierarchy member.

- You may not just copy-paste a previous application that you have filed.

- Only reply to your application if you need to specify something. Unnecessarily spamming/bumping your application will get it denied. Do not engage in grovelling under your application (posting thank you for reading my application every time someone posts etc.)

- If you are denied, you must wait a minimum 4 weeks before applying again.

Exceptions can be made with the permission of a Server Management Team Member.

•  

+1 Only ever had good interactions with Southski here, also happy to help with any problems I had even with changing regiment he helped all the way and I think he would be a good fit for the role

+1

Sound guy to talk to and nice person overall deserves a shot at staff

Gifpro_out_905bcc322c9d9b8bcc95e3dfb7879eff.gif.28aa349e3fba0d473a75582f0ef15c0d.gif

ezgif-7-d1b098d695.gif.107d772c54d62581a7eab4ff668ca640.gif

gino-ginnelly(1).gif.f6ee9936de2bf71450edc49de02f3ff6.gif

Spoiler

Current Ranks

DS Commando F91

CWRP Deputy Event Manager

Honour Guard

Past Ranks

CT 2459

CE PFT Medic Colonel

Battalion Colonel

GM LT Colonel

5x Regimental Medic

Jedi Ace

CWRP Senior Event Planner x2

Jedi Watcher

501st Colonel

Jedi Shadow

Jedi Beast Tamer

Jedi Warlock

Jedi Paladin

Jedi Lorekeeper

Jedi Phantom

CWRP Jedi Event Planner

501st Gamma ARC Colonel

Obi wan Kenobi

Plo Koon

Mace Windu

Grandmaster Yoda

Huge +1

Positives 

- Good playtime

- Achieved high rank

- Active

- Proven to excel on the server activity and performance wise

- Overall awesome dude

Negatives:

N/A

Good luck! 

- cam

Current Ranks:

GM Senior Commander camo

CWRP Executive Admin

Previous Ranks:

GM ARC Colonel camo

Ahsoka Vs Morgan.gif

nvm its AI

Edited by Cheese1

Current Rank(s):

Rear Admiral

Previous Ranks:

Head of Battalion, 501st Executive Officer, Senior Medic, 74th Advanced Medical Officer, Doom's Unit Captain, Jedi Senior Consular
===============================================================================================

image.png.09d330c32cd12d09ca9a3c15bcf47010.png

On 6/23/2024 at 11:30 PM, Southski said:

In-game name: Southski

Steam Name: GSVHD

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/)STEAM_0:0:60600173

Age when applying: 24

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: norway (UTC 1+)

Can you speak and type English fluently: yes

Current total game-time on the server (type !time): unable to check right now because I’m on vacation but I’m pretty sure I just passed 1 month

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on CWRP: GM ARC COL, plat vip

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: yes, speak 

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: 08/02/2024. Only short LOA’s

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server, CWRP Discord and our forums:

I hang out in the teamspeak almost everyday and take part in conversations on the discord pretty regularly. I’m not in the forums that much put I take a peek once in a while 

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. (Type !time then open warns menu, and drag the menu so chat is visible with the time):

https://imgur.com/a/13V8N5b

This is the one I used for my EP application but haven’t gotten any more warns since then (currently on vacation so I’m not able to logon to the server)

State the role of staff on the server:

Staff members ensure that all players follow the server rules. This includes monitoring player behavior, addressing rule violations, and taking appropriate actions such as warnings, kicks, or bans.

Staff are a resource for players, providing assistance with questions, technical issues, and anything else they might need 

Staff also represent the server and should always try to be a good example for the rest of the players 

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?

yes

List of all previous server staff experience:

used to run a few Minecraft servers back in the day and was staff on one that wasn’t mine. This was many years ago and the servers where very small compared to werewolf 

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?:

yes

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones:

I would ask them for the name of the player tp to them and freeze them, ask what they are doing and why and check logs to se how many (if any) they shoot. Check if they have any previous wars for RDM. Then I would explain to them that they can’t do that and warn or ban them if this is not the first time for ARDM, RDM or MRDM depending on the severity 

2 ) You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function:

I would ask for an NCO to come to the cadet area and tell the cadet someone is on the way. If no one shows up I would tp someone to train them

3 ) During a debrief, a CT accidently shoots someone, whilst trying to safety their weapon:

this would probably be an IC situation but if not. I would bring them to the side and talk to them. Ask about what happened and teach them how to safety their weapon. Then I would probably give them a verbal warning and keep an eye on them to see if they do anything else 

4 ) A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT:

this is IC so i would RP it out and give them a reminder 

5 ) Someone commits FailRP, but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitally stated within the server rules:

I would tell them that what they are doing is failrp and also tell them if they read everything in the rules they would know that at the bottom it says that all rules are not written down and to use common sense. Depending on the situation and severity I would give them a verbal warning or an in game warning. And keep an eye on them to see if they keep doing it

6 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly, however they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing: 

I would tell them to go to the forums and find the unban forum

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words):

my dumbass didn’t see the no ai rule (or there wasn’t one when I read the rules) so here is what I wrote without help 🙂

•  

I don’t have much experience in gmod or as staff on other servers but I believe my dedication and passion to the community would make me a good member of staff 

I feel like one of my biggest strengths is that i get along with other players on the server no matter what. This is super important when being staff because it helps in solving a lot of problems and people actually listen to you when you explain rules etc. I also make sure I’m always respectful to other players and as fair as possible 

When I get new roles that I really like I commit to them 100%. I really like learning new stuff and improving so I think that makes up for the lack of experience. I learn quick and I think I would get used to the staff role fast

I’m empathetic and I think that’s important for a staff member. Being understanding to other players is important and not giving them unfair punishment when they didn’t know a rule. See there side as a newer player and explaining the rules instead of giving them a warning

I’m pretty good at solving problems between players and coming up with creative solutions to make everyone happy. I’m also an "IT guy" so if someone is having technical difficulties I can help with that aswell

I really like working with a team and I’m exited about making the server as good as possible. I think having a trusted, respected and active staff team is essential to make the community as good as possible. That’s why if I get staff I will be exactly that 

On 6/23/2024 at 11:30 PM, Southski said:

Requirements:

- You must be 14 years in age or older.

- You must be able to speak and type English fluently, quickly and correctly.

- You must have at least fourteen (14) days of play time.

- You must be an active member of the community on Discord / TS.

- You must have 10 or fewer warns.

- You must not be banned when you apply.

- You must not advertise your application in any way.

- You must not copy anything from other applications.

- You may not edit your application without permission from a Hierarchy member.

- You may not just copy-paste a previous application that you have filed.

- Only reply to your application if you need to specify something. Unnecessarily spamming/bumping your application will get it denied. Do not engage in grovelling under your application (posting thank you for reading my application every time someone posts etc.)

- If you are denied, you must wait a minimum 4 weeks before applying again.

Exceptions can be made with the permission of a Server Management Team Member.