Freeman

Maxinmus's Staff Application

Max's Staff Application

In-game name(s): CG Vice Commander Maxinmus

Steam Name: Maxinmus

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:75334419

Age when applying: 22

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: I live in the UK, and my time zone is GMT.

Can you speak and type English fluently: Yes.

Current total game-time on the server (type !time): 2 Months, and 4 Days. I believe it was more than that before the wipe, however.

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on CWRP: CG VC and Plat VIP

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: I have a working mic, and I mostly use my voice.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: I joined the server as far back as 2018. I joined DU when Tanner became a temp commander. I stayed on the server until 2020 when I left for a very long time, only coming back a few times when I felt like being nostalgic. Now I've come back, and plan to stay a good long while.

How often do you use our TeamSpeak 3 server, CWRP Discord and our forums: In order, often, all the time, and never.

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns: So as far as I'm aware, I've never been warned at all in my history of being on the server. I have been banned once after I decided to leave the server back in like 2020, but I can't find any evidence, because I believe that was before the warns and ban data was lost. And I've never been kicked unless it's because I was AFK. Here is the link showing my lack of warnings: https://imgur.com/QVkeHpN

State the role of staff on the server: The role of a staff member is to enforce the rules fairly and impartially so everyone on the server has a good experience. Additionally, staff members are also here to help members of the server with problems outside of rule-breaking, such as being stuck in a wall, a CT WL, asking for noclip during building, etc.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them? Yes.

List of all previous server staff experience: On Garry's mod itself, I've been staff on multiple servers, ranging from TTT, to DarkRP. I'd get the names, but most of those communities are either dead or they've changed so much that they're unrecognizable. On WG itself, I've not been staff, but I have been EP (although I wasn't the best at it, which is why I'm applying for staff). I don't know if this counts, but I'm currently working in a customer server job outside of Garry's mod.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: As long as the reason is sufficient, then yes.

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones: 

The first thing I'd do is check Blogs combat damage log to see if RDM was committed by a player. If verified, I'd bring him into an OOC sit, and ask him why he's killing people. He'll either do one of 3 things:

1: Leave the game, breaking L2AP, in which case he will be banned for the appropriate amount of time.

2: Apologize for doing it, where we will get the appropriate warnings for RDM and ARDM (if needed) which might result in a ban depending on how many there are.

3: Not apologize, call us all twats who should get a life, and maybe use some slurs as well. Action will be taken when needed (most likely a ban).

However, these 3 situations only work if the Blogs show that shot and killed other players. Sometimes Blogs go down, and in very rare cases, doesn't work. If a situation like this ever happens, I'd ask the player to send me a video recording of the player committing RDM via Discord. If verified (and I might ask another staff member to check for a second opinion), refer to the 3 situations I described above.

2 ) You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function: 

If on, I ask the highest IC rank to send a CPL+ to train some cadets. Most of the time this does it, but if it doesn't I'd bring a CPL+ who I know wasn't busy. If I'm currently not on duty and mainly focusing on RP, I may even train the cadets.

3 ) During a debrief, a CT accidently shoots someone, whilst trying to safety their weapon:

I'd take no action. We'd only know that it was an accident if the CT apologized for shooting the other player, so they know what they did wrong by mistake, so taking any action is not only redundant but also pretty harsh treatment. IC punishment is irrelevant to a staff application.

4 ) A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT: 

It's an IC issue, not an OOC one, so this is irrelevant to staff.

5 ) Someone commits FailRP, but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitly stated within the server rules: 

FailRP is FailRP. According to server rules, any not listed instances of FailRP fall under the discretion of the staff member handling the situation. For me, it would depend on what it is. I'd also ask other members of staff if I was unsure.

6 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly, if they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing: I'd tell them that if they think the punishment is unjust, then head on over to the WG forums (and I'd give them a link to them). If they ignore what I say and are incapable of having a civil conversation, I'd just return them (if it's a warning). If they start taking it into OOC chat and have a tantrum, I'd mute them.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words): 

Now that I’ve spent a lot more time playing on the server, I feel that people know more about me, and I’m ready to begin writing another application (although I have a slight feeling it’ll backfire).

Why I want staff, and why I believe I deserve it over others, are two different questions.

I believe I deserve it above others because of my time in the community, my previous ULX experience as EP as well as on other servers, and as I am rather active, averaging 20-30 hours per week. Furthermore. as mentioned, I work in a customer service area as a team leader so I’m used to dealing with stupid people and interacting with others. I’m very approachable, friendly, dedicated, organised, and kind, but mature, sensible and tough when things get serious. I also have a ‘helping people’ thing, so I’m more than willing to take claims to help others, although I'd never turn it into a competition. The biggest reason of course is that I’m pretty decent when it comes to dealing with stress and my life-work balance, although I can come on sometimes as a Night Staff to help WL people if needed. Keeping a cool head during tense situations is something I’ve learned how to do the hard way.

But frankly, almost every applicant will write something along those lines, and I might as well have written this paragraph on chat GPT like I suggested doing last time. The reason why I want to join the staff (which also raises me against other applicants) is being of Freeman.

For those who don’t know, I used to go by Freeman. After spending about 2ish years on the server during 2018-2020, I decided to leave partly because I was bored, but partly because I was rather, let’s say special (even outside my Aspergers), and I needed a break. 4ish years later, I’m 22, I’m much more mature, and I have a proper job instead of just being a basement-dwelling goblin. Now I’ve come back, and I’m staying for the long run. I’ve decided to start over with a fresh slate, and I think I’ve done well. I’ve never behaved inappropriately during the 6 months since I’ve come back, and I believe I should be given the position to prove to the people who remain who still have bad memories of me, and to myself partly, that I’ve improved. I’m not perfect, I’ll make mistakes, but we’re all human at the end of the day.

And that’s why I should get staff because it’ll help me grow as a person. And is there any better reason than that.

Thanks for reading.

As a side note, a good amount of this is copied from my previous staff application. This is because the answers would be the same, and I don't believe in slightly rewriting parts that are going to say the same thing.

+1
-Great guy
-Excellent CG Vice commander
-Able to handle serious situation with great care and in a professional manner

Current SWRP Ranks

[CE Vice Commander] | [Detainment Droid] | [SWRP Junior Developer] | [118th Sergeant First Class] | [118th Demolition Trooper]

Past SWRP Ranks

[Junior Medic] | [Jedi Knight]

406719fb9b63a462b5af2a9ff1405941.gif.c9b3ed640b5fccfe9b1877b0390b2ee1.gif