Topaz

Topaz's Staff Application

In-game name(s): Topaz

Steam Name: Popeye's Biscuit (real)

Steam ID: (https://steamidfinder.com/)

STEAM_0:0:565546404

Age when applying: 18

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone: United States of America (EST)

Can you speak and type English fluently: Yes I can!

Current total game-time on the server (type !time): 2w 1d 19h

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on CWRP: CE Captain, Platinum VIP

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak: Yes! and I speak

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since: I joined back in July 17th of 2022. I've taken two breaks since then. I think I joined back in 2023 for a little while, then came back recently about a month ago.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server, CWRP Discord and our forums: I use the Discord very frequently, however with TS I am a little unfamiliar so I only use it during events when I'm EC, sometimes when I'm a clone, and during ARC trials of course

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns.) Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link). https://imgur.com/a/cu7ubta

State the role of staff on the server: The staff on the server ensure that everyone has a fair and fun RP and time on the server. They also help answer questions that players have regarding anything with the community. The staff are also role models, if staff are irresponsible/lazy then that will reflect the server, and can turn people away. At least for me, the first thing I look at in a server is how the staff are. 

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them? Yes!

List of all previous server staff experience: I've actually never staffed for any servers, and I've applied before. I think this time would be different, however, because I have always enjoyed the people on this server and have enjoyed how they run things. 

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: Yes. That should be common sense, lol. If by hierarchy you mean clone, That makes complete and total sense. Just because I would hold the title of staff does not mean that I stand any higher than anyone else. 

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1 ) You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones: I would first ask who they are talking about. Then, I would first get a CG in character to arrest that clone, so that their regiment can deal with them and they can be demoted. If they continue to RDM, then I would get involved as a staff, check their logs and based on their behavior, properly carry out any punishment necessary. Because Golden Rule is a thing, and the goal of the server is to RP, I would, like I stated, first carry out RP so that CG can have their own logs, and the person can be dealt with by their hierarchy. Then, if the problem persists, again, like I stated, get involved as a staff member.

2 ) You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function: I would inform them that A. They should ask for a trainer using the /advert command in chat, B. That using Staff chat is only for OOC reasons, and C. That they would be trained soon. I would then go back into character and ask that an NCO+ get to the cadet area. If nobody gets to them, then I would personally train them in character because I personally like training cadets. However, if I cannot train them myself, I would teleport an NCO who needs cadets to the Cadet Area, and tell them to train the cadet.

3 ) During a debrief, a CT accidently shoots someone, whilst trying to safety their weapon: I would first pull them out of the debrief to an area where I can talk to them privately, OOC. Then, inform them that putting their weapon in safety does not require the common firing button, M1. I would then tell them how to properly safety their weapon using Shift+E+R, and give them a verbal warning. I might remember their name and if they make that mistake again, give them a proper in-server warning.

4 ) A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT: I wouldn't handle this as a staff. Instead, I would use rp in character, maybe correcting their mistake and giving them the good ole "now go join a regiment" or something lol

5 ) Someone commits FailRP, but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitally stated within the server rules: I would first double check my own understanding of the rules by looking through that specific case's rules. Then, if it infact was stated in the rules, give them a link to the server rules and tell them to do another reading of it. I would follow this up by a verbal or in server warning based on how severe their offense was in failRP. If it was not in the rulebook, but should be, I would inform whoever can edit the rules and bring it to their attention so that changes can be made, and let them deem it necessary or unnecessary to be added.

6 ) You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly, however they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing: I personally don't like to argue with people, especially on video games like Gmod. So, I'd tell them why their punishment was just and get them back into RP. If they start using offensive language at me or just start being straight up rude, then I would punish them accordingly abiding by the rules. I personally don't think that staff should give out punishments based on if they thought they were disrespected unless it was obvious disrespect like racism or something like that. Because like I stated earlier, just because I hold the role of staff, doesn't mean that I have to be respected over anyone else on the game, I'm just doing part in making sure the server stays to the rules and everyone has fun.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team and your strongest assets as a person/potential staff member (250+ words): I deserve staff more than the other applicants because I take this server personally. I am happy for the server if it's bustling and I'm upset if it's low on pop. The experience of players in the server would be my highest priority. I always support the success of the server and am excited to see how it grows in the future, with all of the new additions given by our wonderful creative team. #shoutout. I will be a dedicated staff on the server, I play on it very often and plan on staying in it for the future. So, I'd bring a staff member that you can trust and rely on during times of need. I will be friendly to anyone who joins this community, and give them a warm welcome if they are brand new so that they feel welcome! I feel my strongest asset as a person for being staff is how serious I am when given these roles. Staff is not something that you can get just for asking for it, it's something that is earned. As a staff, I would focus on the player's experience because in the end that is why they decided to click on the join button for the server. I've always wanted to be a staff member for a gmod server that I care about, but for Werewolfgaming, it feels different. Having the ability to not only helping people have fun by making interesting trainings as a clone in character, but also as a staff member, has a really good ring to it in my ear. As I stated earlier, I take every role that is given to me seriously. I also work at a restaurant IRL as a, without giving away where I work, NE, which basically is the person you go to for help, before you go to a manager. I am responsible for knowing general knowledge in the restaurant like menu items and allergen information, and how to do certain things. Lastly, Thank you for this opportunity to apply for this wonderful role. I look forward to reading any feedback from all you lovely people.

Your application is good and you were pretty cool when I spoke to you ingame. If you don't get it this time around keep playing and make yourself more known throughout the entire server by simply engaging with people outside of your regiment

+1
Great Guy
Responsible

Current SWRP Ranks

[CE Vice Commander] | [Detainment Droid] | [SWRP Junior Developer] | [118th Sergeant First Class] | [118th Demolition Trooper]

Past SWRP Ranks

[Junior Medic] | [Jedi Knight]

406719fb9b63a462b5af2a9ff1405941.gif.c9b3ed640b5fccfe9b1877b0390b2ee1.gif