Ryker

Steam Name:

Ryker

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:75445151

Age when applying:

21 (turning 22 in July)

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone:

UK; GMT (Currently GMT +1 due to daylight savings/BST).

Can you speak and type English fluently:

Yes. 

Current total game-time on the server (type !time):

2 weeks, 2 days, 2 hours and 4 minutes (as of submission date; https://imgur.com/a/fisbqcH; given that I joined the server back in 2018, I did have more playtime but that has since been reset)

Close to 5000 hours (4907 hours as of submission date) of Gmod playtime, most of which on Star Wars RP servers.

IC Rank(s) and OOC Donation Rank(s) on CWRP:

Currently 2nd LT in CG.

Previously reached CG LT COL in 2022/23 under Horse & Beasts and CG EXO in 2018/19 under Flash & Mike. 

OOC Platinum VIP.

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak:

Yes, I almost always talk.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since:

I joined in 2018, left in 2019 to focus on university, came back in early 2021 and left again at the end of 2022 to focus on work, I have now returned.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server, CWRP Discord and our forums:

I use Discord every day, Teamspeak frequently, and check the forums occasionally.

State all your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) and a screenshot of your list of warns:

No warns, bans, kicks or mutes on the server and Discord since joining in 2018.

https://imgur.com/a/smpOSDM

State the role of staff on the server:

The role of staff on the server, as far as I understand, is to maintain a positive and enjoyable roleplaying environment for all players. This is achieved by handling Out-Of-Character issues (and refraining from interfering with In-Character situations). Staff members are responsible for addressing player complaints, resolving disputes, and providing assistance when technical issues arise, including being stuck or needing specific tools like noclip and weapons. Staff must enforce server rules consistently and fairly, ensuring that any rule violations are dealt with appropriately. Their goal is to support the community by offering help and maintaining order, while remaining unbiased and impartial in all situations.

Have you read the server rules and are you familiar with them?

Yes, and yes.

List of all previous server staff experience:

Previously co-owned a Star Wars RP server back in 2016 and was once an admin on a DarkRP server. Previously used ULX and SAM admin systems (will require a refresher though as it has been some time).

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?:

Yes.

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1. You are told by a Player that somebody is randomly killing other clones:

The first thing I would do is to check the logs to confirm whether any friendly fire/kills occurred to begin with.

If there was no friendly fire/kills I would inform the reporting player that the reported player did not do that but thank him for his vigilance (the purpose of this is to encourage the reporting player to maintain his speak-up culture if he does see wrongdoings in the future).

If there was friendly fire/kills I would toggle invisibility for myself, teleport myself to the reported player to see if they are either actively engaging in rule breaks or not.

If they are actively breaking rules I would freeze them, bring them to a secluded area on the map and explain to them what they are doing wrong, and depending on the severity (one-off RDM, mass RDM, etc) I would warn, kick, or ban them. If it were just a warning punishment I would bring them back to their original location.

If they are not actively breaking rules when I teleport to them, I would still teleport them to a secluded place and question them on the situation. If they cannot justify the friendly fire (for example, they could claim an RA+ authorised an execution and then I would check with that specific RA), then I would, depending on the severity, warn, kick, or ban them. If it were just a warning punishment I would bring them back to their original location.

If at any point I was unsure on how to handle the situation, for example, on how to interpret the severity of the situation to then decide on a warn vs a ban I would consult other staff members (ideally more senior than me, or even better my mentor) for their opinion.

2. You are asked by a Cadet to be trained using the @ function:

First things first, I would teleport to the Cadet to let him know that I was actively searching a trainer for them.

I would then check the Cadet training area given that often there are NCOs lurking around attempting to lock in their minimums. If there was no NCO around the area, I would send a message to OOC chat requesting any NCO to voluntarily come and train this cadet.

I would give it a couple minutes maximum before I start going through the online leaderboard for NCOs, bringing them to the cadet area and asking them to train the cadet. If for valid reasons (e.g. disconnecting from the server in a few minutes, etc.) the NCO I brought is unavailable to train the cadet, I would return them to their original location and keep going through the list.

If there are no NCOs available, or for example, if its early in the morning (1 AM/2 AM) and there are no other players who are able to train the cadet, I would train him myself (as I am an NCO+), given that cadets are the backbone of the pipeline of future, recurring players for the server.

3. During a debrief, a CT accidentally shoots someone whilst trying to safety their weapon:

If the CT has just shot a single burst, which could be indicative of a genuine mistake while trying to put their weapon on safety, I would let Battalion and CG deal with it in-roleplay. At the end of the de-brief, I would approach him to make sure they understand how to properly safety their weapon and suggest for them to be more careful going forward. 

4. A CT #### doesn't salute you, despite you being a rank higher than 2nd LT:

Saluting individuals who rank higher than 2nd LT is an in-character matter, there is nothing in the Clone Wars RP Rules and Regulations suggesting that this should be dealt with by Staff. Staff focus on out of character matters. 

5. Someone commits FailRP but claims that the specific instance of FailRP is not explicitly stated within the server rules:

I would explain to the individual that not all instances of FailRP are written explicitly in the Clone Wars RP Rules and Regulations. I would encourage them to understand that an element of common sense is needed when it comes to FailRP-related offenses, and that anything that could not be deemed realistic within the context of Star Wars and the Clone Wars constitutes FailRP. Hopefully, by the end of this interaction the individual has understood why their actions constituted FailRP, however, if they were adamant I would suggest that they appeal the punishment on the forums, directing them with the link to the specific forum area or raise a ticket on the WG CWRP discord.

6. You bring a player into a sit and punish them accordingly; however, they do not agree with your punishment and keep on arguing:

To begin with, I would attempt to explain the rationale behind the punishment more thoroughly, making specific reference to the Clone Wars RP Rules and Regulations (and providing them with the link). Unless they present relevant evidence that justifies/exonerates their position, I would follow through with the punishment. If the individual continues to argue, I would verbally warn them that arguing would not achieve anything favourable for them and that if they believe so strongly that the punishment is unwarranted that they can appeal it by raising a ticket in discord or using the relevant section of the WG forums (I would of course provide them with the links for both the discord and the forums).

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants:

This is a hard question to answer humbly. Firstly, I would argue that I am not tied to any particular friendship circles or niches within the community. I have always played as an independent player, primarily only interacting with my regiment (that has always been CG). This makes me impartial and unbiased, as I have no personal affiliations that could influence my decisions. However, I like to think that those who do know me would agree that I am very approachable, friendly, and outgoing.

Secondly, I have an extensive history with the WG community, having reached high ranks on a couple of occasions since 2018 (see previous ranks above). I am known as a serious roleplayer who does not mess around, which is evidenced by my clean warn and punishment history.

In addition to my in-game experience, I am a very logical and cool-headed person. In real life, I am very career-driven and have been trusted with significant responsibilities at work. This professional experience translates into my gameplay, as I can handle most situations comfortably and without engaging in immature behaviour. I am transparent and always own up to my mistakes, which is crucial for maintaining trust and accountability within the staff team. Whenever I have made a mistake in the past, I have always raised my hand to say "mia culpa," particularly when dealing with specific CG situations where protocols or ways of doing things have changed since my last playthrough. More importantly, I learn from any mistakes, ensuring that each one becomes a valuable lesson and is never repeated.

Additionally, my ability to communicate effectively and my willingness to seek guidance when unsure ensures that I can handle responsibilities well. I am always open to learning new things and encourage constructive criticism to improve my performance.

Since rejoining the server recently, I have been very active, which was specifically commented on by my regiment's hierarchy during my latest promotion. I recently took a week-long LOA for a holiday in Italy, but I will be back in London tomorrow, where I intend to maintain this high level of activity by being a regular and engaged player.

I am passionate about the server and its community. I would consider it a privilege to do my part as a staff member in maintaining and building the server's positive environment and assisting players to the best of my ability.

Thank you for considering my application.

- Ryker