Erik Meier

Add something IT related | Suggestion by YouHasBeenWarned

Suggestion_________________________________________

So... I like to play IT technician, and so do other people.

My suggestion is composed of multiple parts. Not all have to be implemented (actually, none have to):

1. Add an SysAdmin (1 slot, level 30 or something) as rank, who can set up servers, and maybe an IT admin             (2 slots, level 20) who also can create networks

2. Add something IT related to the server, because just pcs are boring

3. Make IT department an own isolated part (like manufacturing or medical)

4. Give IT one more PC to spawn

Also, what does the wire modem do?

Thanks

Edited by YouHasBeenWarned

i_see_you (1).png

Do not take every reaction seriously. 

Regarding the suggestions, the IT's had access to cameras previously but they lagged the server so they were removed. I would actually like to see IT being used more often since I always through the PCs, if set up correctly, can be used as a really good way of sending documents and other vital information, and they ofc give CI a thing to do, they can hack them and gather the info. But due to how the server works nobody really uses them, since its just easier to go 30s to a different room and tell someone what you want rather then send an email which will last like 3-5 min.

So +1 add something, maybe not additional slots and shit but different entities/purpose

Poop

+1 for giving more computers for the IT, though I don't think the adding a new job is really worth the trouble.

As for the wire modems, they were for wiring E2 stuff and the wire mod. However it's purpose was removed due to finding an issue with how the code of the wire modem which, if I'm not mistaken, looked at the value every frame to see if the values of the wire modem (A & B) had been changed which isn't a good thing. 

55 minutes ago, Jonathan Knights said:

looked at the value every frame to see if the values of the wire modem (A & B) had been changed which isn't a good thing

I don't know what that means, but still, thanks for the explination

i_see_you (1).png

On 3/23/2021 at 6:24 PM, Erik Meier said:

. Add an SysAdmin (1 slot, level 30 or something) as rank, who can set up servers, and maybe an IT admin             (2 slots, level 20) who also can create networks

Already exists on server, u just bad at IT

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF 

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic

55 minutes ago, Erik Meier said:

When was that added then?

Making networks and stuff existed since the computers were added in the first place to IT

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF 

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic