Nick Waltson

Nick Waltson's Site Director Application

In-Game Name: Nick Waltson

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:438836091

In-Game Time [Proof Required]: SD App.png

Past Experience in leadership/high ranking positions: HoMD, DoEA, SA, and HoS ( around a year ago)

Why do you feel you'll be a good Site Director?: I believe I will make a good Site Director because I like helping people, I'm active, I like keeping things smooth and running and I have seen enough of what SDs do, how they proceed with certain situations, and how they resolve problems to be able to become one myself. I'm also familiar with how Foundation Administration works as I have played DoEA a lot and SA when the job is not full. I'm familiar with both combative and non-combative situations as I have played a lot of non-combative and combative jobs. That's why I believe I will make a good Site Director.

What role does the Site Director have on the site?: The Site Director ensures all operations on-site are done smoothly without trouble and if there is, he will try to resolve it. The SD maintains the facility's stability and has full control over the operations in it. He is also the person who will keep the connection between combative and non-combative by giving them tasks that require both of them. The Site Director can also order his Site Advisers to go and send an order from him to another Foundation Personnel or just send them to a certain area and tell him if something is wrong with it. The Site Director is the leader of the facility and reports what happens to the O5 Council. 

What is the O5 Council?: The O5 Council is a group of 13 people. They are the highest-ranking and most important people in the Foundation and proof for this is the fact that you don't even know their names, how they look like, or where they live, it is very difficult to track them down and they even have a personal protective detail. The O5 council's existence is confirmed to Level-4+ and for everyone below that, it's just a myth or for some even a joke. They are the main leaders of the Foundation and they maintain it stable by assigning SDs, giving orders etc.

(Thank you for reading my application! I wish everyone a great day!)

Edited by Nick Waltson

Current Whitelists

NU-7
Head of Manufacturing
Unusual Incidents Unit

4 hours ago, Ezra Boing said:

Nu7 Military larper 

No thanks!

Imagine -1 for being a nu7. Thanks for your time though

Edited by Nick Waltson

Current Whitelists

NU-7
Head of Manufacturing
Unusual Incidents Unit

3 hours ago, Ezra Boing said:

I didn't -1 you for simply being in Nu7 numb nuts. I -1'ed you because you use Nu7 to do your military larp and contribute nothing to roleplay.

If Nu7 was like that, Nook wouldn't be staff and an O5 so i don't think you are right about Nu7. And what about the times i played UIU and HoMD? And if i become a SD i will be able to contribute to the RP more.

Edited by Nick Waltson

Current Whitelists

NU-7
Head of Manufacturing
Unusual Incidents Unit

6 minutes ago, Nick Waltson said:

If Nu7 was like that, Nook wouldn't be staff and an O5 so i don't think you are right about Nu7.

I wasn't saying all who play nu7 is bad! I said that you use Nu7 to larp on. I have never mentioned Nu7 as a whole in this thread.

I am here to launder money

31 minutes ago, Ezra Boing said:

I wasn't saying all who play nu7 is bad! I said that you use Nu7 to larp on. I have never mentioned Nu7 as a whole in this thread.

Well in that case sorry, anyway, how do i use it to larp on? Explain something so i can change it.

Edited by Nick Waltson

Current Whitelists

NU-7
Head of Manufacturing
Unusual Incidents Unit

6 hours ago, Nick Waltson said:

Bump again. Its close to be a month since i posted this app.

Yeah, fixer either is on loa or forgot to look at apps

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic
7 hours ago, Nick Waltson said:

Any suggestions on what i should do, should i ping him here or?

Probably yeah I guess

Scprp is bad, run while you can!!
Good Night GIFDog Morning GIF
seal GIF

• SCP-RP Current Ranks: PlatVIPSCP-RP Administrator, Junior Developer, MTF Nu-7 NCO, Head Of Manufacturing Department (Owner), Head of External Affairs, Site Director, The Serpents Hand (Vice-Manager)

• SCP-RP Past Ranks:   Organization for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts, Sarkic Cultist, Marshall Carter N' Dark Salesman, Ethics Committee Member, Epsilon-11 Commander, Unusual Incidents Unit Special Agent in Charge (Vice-Manager), GRU-P, Head Researcher, Internal Security Department, SCP-096

• HLRP Past Ranks:  Civil Industrial Union Journeyman, Civil Medical Union Nurse

• CW-RP  Past Ranks: PlatVIP, Combat Engineer COL, Adv Medic

Decision: +1/Neutral

Off topic to start with, I wouldn't ping Fixer, although he has just came back from LOA, it will take him to time to review all the Site Director applications. Best option is to wait. I know it normally wouldn't take this long but it is what it is.

On 8/3/2021 at 11:04 PM, Nick Waltson said:

HoMD, DoEA, SA, and HoS

The experience you have, is meh at best. HoMD is on the lower end of "Management" roles similar to SA, and although you could technically show management potential with just HoMD and SA, it is extremely hard. HoS on the same matter is extremely hard to show your ability at commanding. I was accepted with my own Experience being SA and HoS -and I am guessing other roles I played around the time-, the matter at hand is I 1. Played HoS a lot -nearly for a whole year, prominently- but as well as SA. This was around the time when Security were, for better terms less stupid and easier -ish- to control. I haven't seen you on any of the roles you showed -unless I forgot which could be the case-.

In-Game Time [Proof Required]:

Your time in game, is far below the average range of people applying for Site Director, which is around 2-4 weeks. One weeks ingame isn't enough to see if you are able to properly command, especially since the majority of your past roles are very small compared to the amount you'd be managing as Site Director.

Eh, this is hard to cover, it's up to Fixer to see if this truly matters, I really can't tell, I would just say, it seems to be a bit too young to apply for such a job, the job you are applying for requires you to be professional a lot, not saying all the time, but when shit needs to be done, fun normally takes a back seat, this doesn't mean it will be the case always, but trying to balance being serious and the small, banter with other people needs to be considered. 

I believe I will make a good Site Director because I like helping people, I'm active, I like keeping things smooth and running and I have seen enough of what SDs do

Anyone can see what other Site Directors can do, and each does it differently, understanding why, and learning why, is the much more required outtake. Many Site Directors have different styles of managing, for example. Director Krueger, is more mobile, he is your more, involved in daily operations type Site Director, I on the other hand, is less hands on, only getting involved when it is clear a Department head is incompetent, or events. That's just two views on how to be a successful Director, both work, and I assure you many more styles exist.  

Conclusion: I really can't tell how well you'd do a Site Director, if you are accepted, expect a huge learning curve. The best thing I can say, is that other Site directors -the more veteran ones- would be your best bet at getting advice from, even before getting the WL and after you get it. We'll see. 

Edited by Sam Kelly
8 minutes ago, Sam Kelly said:

Your time in game, is far below the average range of people applying for Site Director, which is around 2-4 weeks. One weeks ingame isn't enough to see if you are able to properly command, especially since the majority of your past roles are very small compared to the amount you'd be managing as Site Director.

My playtime now is 2 weeks and either 20 or 13 hours. (I will tell you exactly how much i have when i get in game.)

The experience you have, is meh at best. HoMD is on the lower end of "Management" roles similar to SA, and although you could technically show management potential with just HoMD and SA, it is extremely hard. HoS on the same matter is extremely hard to show your ability at commanding. I was accepted with my own Experience being SA and HoS -and I am guessing other roles I played around the time-, the matter at hand is I 1. Played HoS a lot -nearly for a whole year, prominently- but as well as SA. This was around the time when Security were, for better terms less stupid and easier -ish- to control. I haven't seen you on any of the roles you showed -unless I forgot which could be the case-.

I haven't played foundation recently so thats why you haven't seen me a lot. I will play today though.

Anyone can see what other Site Directors can do, and each does it differently, understanding why, and learning why, is the much more required outtake. Many Site Directors have different styles of managing, for example. Director Krueger, is more mobile, he is your more, involved in daily operations type Site Director, I on the other hand, is less hands on, only getting involved when it is clear a Department head is incompetent, or events. That's just two views on how to be a successful Director, both work, and I assure you many more styles exist.  

I will find what my style is, but if i had to guess it will be a variation of you and Krueger.

Eh, this is hard to cover, it's up to Fixer to see if this truly matters, I really can't tell, I would just say, it seems to be a bit too young to apply for such a job, the job you are applying for requires you to be professional a lot, not saying all the time, but when shit needs to be done, fun normally takes a back seat, this doesn't mean it will be the case always, but trying to balance being serious and the small, banter with other people needs to be considered. 

When i asked in the discord if SD is a hard job, people just told me that i need to have braincells and i have those so i should be fine.

Thank you for your response.

Edited by Nick Waltson

Current Whitelists

NU-7
Head of Manufacturing
Unusual Incidents Unit

6 hours ago, Nick Waltson said:

My playtime now is 2 weeks and either 20 or 13 hours. (I will tell you exactly how much i have when i get in game.)

My playtime now is 2 weeks 0 days 22 hours

Current Whitelists

NU-7
Head of Manufacturing
Unusual Incidents Unit